Elder Blade (Screen accurate)

Discussion in 'Predator Armory (Props)' started by Wreav, May 25, 2016.

1. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Screenshot_222.png Screenshot_221.png Screenshot_220.png Screenshot_219.png Screenshot_218.png Screenshot_217.png

I've been pretty much lurking around for the past couple weeks. Painting Predator gloves, hands and other things (if anyone needs Predator parts. I can get them, no long waits. No cash straight up all in accordance to Predatorium policy. Which saves you from the clutches of long waits for costumes and such.

So, I have been tasked with making an elder blade. I have more pictures from the actual screen used piece which I have acquired from outside means with the simple promise of not showing them. Without further a doo, I am constructing one I chopped my Predator blades which were sculpted by Sandy Collora to the correct size (length of the bone) which I will use as a base for the bone. The blade is a 1.4 cm thick from the base working its way up to 0.7 cm towards the top of the tip. The difficult thing was acquiring the pictures of the actual bone. The details need to be as good as they come not the simple oh 'it's a bone.' This won't take long :)

Kevin Hall, stands 7 ft 2 inches the closest person I know to that height is my brother who is 6 ft 6 so his hand reference will be used when clutching the bone blade.

I'll be posting two new threads as well. One being the Wolf Syringe (took me a god awful amount of time sourcing the actual pictures and not just the hot toys or the inaccurate replicas that were made.)

And finally thanks to Art Andrews from who I have sourced pictures of the Wolf Vial. I'll be using these to product sculpts this and next week. If you have any things you want me to sculpt I'm all ears. I'm bombarded with orders left and right so i'm actually glad that many of you are taking liking to my work.

Screenshot_216.png

Screenshot_215.png

Screenshot_214.png

Xenome, YautjaKShai, pedro51 and 3 others like this.
  2. BrotherRed619

BrotherRed619 Unblooded

Wreav I can't wait to see this blade. Will you be producing more for sale?

City90pet likes this.
  3. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

yup. i will.

Xenome, YautjaKShai, pedro51 and 2 others like this.
  4. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

u r crazy master)

City90pet and Wreav like this.
  5. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Hardly anyone is sculpting any more apart from the regulars. It got me annoyed so here I am making more things! To drive engagement and passion!

6. City90pet

City90pet Elite Hunter

Can't wait to see!!!!!!! Maybe you will be the next person to work on the new predator movie, send Shane an email of ur skills

Wreav likes this.
  7. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

:o I'll try oneday when I build up a portfolio.

8. Guandto

Guandto Unblooded

God I stumble into this site and it's a gold mine! Where have I been all my life?

Xenome and City90pet like this.
  9. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Jess! When I saw you comment on my post I was like who on earth could help me get more elder bone pics. I thought of Amanda straight away so I asked her and she helped me out getting pictures. I mean i'm trying to get it 100 percent accurate to say the least umm :'D people with neca,hot toy elders or sideshow ones i'll need some help. <3 thank you all in advance. Can't wait to get this show on the road. i realised i did a mistake in the sculpt and my sisters were laughing at the way it looked all day. XD

Xenome, YautjaKShai, pedro51 and 2 others like this.
  10. afedorniak

afedorniak Hunter

here's a pic of what I did a few years ago ,sold the elder,as ive upgraded the current suit I'm doing!

DSCN1517.JPG

Xenome, Huntress, pelletta and 3 others like this.
  11. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

I asked my friend Amanda if she could give me photos of her elder toy (the base!!! is what I needed) and then I also had the original base shown to me after I bugged the guy (he told me not to show it to anyone so I did not) but Amanda's one is exactly the same. So I sculpted it according to those exact features. :3

13275656_721032101333403_1279966614_n.jpg

IMG_3044.JPG

YautjaKShai, pedro51 and LunaticNic like this.
  12. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Here is a video of the sculpt a couple hours ago. Got a majority of the proportions there. This was sculpted from original screen used references as well as toy pictures just to add a little idea of how to detail certain areas and such.

13. BrotherRed619

BrotherRed619 Unblooded

Looking good!

City90pet likes this.
  14. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

IMG_3076.JPG IMG_3077.JPG IMG_3078.JPG IMG_3079.JPG A couple pictures from today.

15. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Sculpt finished. Molding process. I'm going to leave the resin entry hole at the top I will use a small sheesh/hookah insert so I can pour the resin in. I'm not a smoker. IMG_3105.JPG IMG_3106.JPG IMG_3107.JPG IMG_3108.JPG IMG_3109.JPG IMG_3150.JPG

16. City90pet

City90pet Elite Hunter

Wreav likes this.
  17. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Bro, cut your nails ;D jk, really good progress, can't wait to see it with the blade!

Wreav and City90pet like this.
  18. Denixboy

Denixboy Young Blood

Here pictures of my Elder sword.
    From carbon steel, bone and leather.
    Not 100% but perhaps close.
    I hope you like it.

Auftrag 2010-2012 elder sword (25).jpg Auftrag 2010-2012 elder sword (13).jpg

Auftrag 2010-2012 elder sword (12).jpg

19. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

LOOOL I kept my nails long for sculpting purposes.That a beautiful blade :3 And thanks JESS!

20. City90pet

City90pet Elite Hunter

image.jpeg lol...I got my nails did too....lolololol, it's the hair, nails an tanning time of the year for me!!!! But the sword looks amazing!!!!!!!! Are you going to be carrying it when you go to cons? Everyone's gonna be like let me get one!!! Maybe a real Yautja will be there and admire ur work??? Just remember to send him my way after.....

Isubomo and Wreav like this.
  21. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Haha sure thing. :3 i'll always put in a good word for you with the pred.

YautjaKShai, pedro51 and LunaticNic like this.
  22. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

The elder hilt came out very clean retaining all of the detail I wanted.
    Now to construct the top. Sorry if I didn't do this sooner I just had tonnes of orders to do and I still have more on the way.
    IMG_3370.JPG IMG_3400.JPG IMG_3411.JPG IMG_3412.JPG IMG_3413.JPG IMG_3414.JPG

23. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Like a boss:cool:

24. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

To finish the next part 'creating the blade'
    I decided that I needed aid from spgfx. We viewed various pictures of the blade online however, I wasn't truly satisfied as none of them were accurate... enough. So I had traced the side view from the movie... when the elder turns his blade around) I sent the profile to SPGFX (I know i'm a terrible drawer. When I gave the profile to him i noticed that there was an error so I circled it in red. Then we decided to combine a better version of the tip of the blade and incorporate it. Couldn't have done it without him. Now it's the waiting game for it to be finished!
    13530354_1637860696536620_658151746_n.jpg 13530531_1637865446536145_1392891672_n.jpg

25. City90pet

City90pet Elite Hunter

Remember us when you are at the top Wreav...

Wreav and Jmen like this.