LORD NEMESIS second build thread

Discussion in 'Predator Anatomy (Costumes)' started by LORD NEMESIS, Jun 2, 2016.

1. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

had a relaxing paint up day of the dread beads

DSC00341_zpstlbrhrub.jpg

DSC00344_zpsuamkxwe0.jpg

DSC00345_zpsx2p6sfnb.jpg

DSC00353a_zpsxl3stvbq.jpg

DSC00355a_zps8wkllmcr.jpg

DSC00357_zps8zznqt4l.jpg

finally glued the lid onto the blade gaunt. my clamps were too small so i used the latest in clamping technology gaffa tape, to hold on while the glue dries.

DSC00347_zpsvmush7l1.jpg

OldPredVA, LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  2. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Oh, nice)

3. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

been lazy lately but the dreads are coming on slowly and started some detailing on the gaunt

DSC00361a_zpsyhkz0tbg.jpg

DSC00364_zpsjzja9phh.jpg

4. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

slowly building up the detail with thermal plastic. i think i will make my armor with a combination of this stuff and eva. easy to use and effortless hammered look.

DSC00369_zpsoe5anrgz.jpg

DSC00370_zpsf97ychdo.jpg

DSC00371_zpsmripuz19.jpg

5. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Better and better(y)

6. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Nice work! Btw, do you know what the tubing is called that you used? I had a picture of that kind of tube before, and took it to the local hardware store ... they had no idea what it was -_-

7. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

i call the stuff cable hide since most times i've ssen it used is to hide wiring in car sound system installs ans car wiring looms. but the packet says split loom tube. i got it from a diy car/electronics store

LunaticNic likes this.
  8. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Thanks! I was now able to find it on Amazon!

9. Vyrstolf

Vyrstolf Hunter

They've got it at Walmart in automotive too.....but it's split all the way down to put the wires in as opposed to through, is that stuff the same way?

LunaticNic likes this.
  10. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

(y)(y) Loving the progress!

That Thermal plastic generic or Worbla? Asking cause Worbla is deifintely a wonderful, wonderful material, though not cheap... If there's a generic brand for it and is cheaper, would love to know ;P

11. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

glad i could be of help

yeh that's the stuff split down the side so can just slide the wires in. i ended up using the split and cutting about a quarter out so i could snap it over the model and just glue it on

i am using worbla, there are several brands out there but the only one i can remeber the name of is wonderflex which seems to be similarly priced, at least from the places i can get it.

Isubomo likes this.
  12. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

few updates

cut and glues the lenses into my bio

DSC00390_zpsyul5i2qe.jpg

DSC00391_zpscees7b5h.jpg

DSC00396_zpsiifci0w9.jpg

DSC00397_zpswyaqxkh5.jpg

i used tinted plexiglass. cut out pieces lager enough to cover the eye hole, heated them up under the grill untill they went pliable and used the original bits i cut out to push and curve them into the holes. on the first one i left the protective layers on with the intention that the lenses wouldn't get scratched while i was shaping them in the holes. this was a mistake. definitely take off the protective layers. in the end the adhesive came off the paper and stuck to the lense, so i had to scrub it clean. the lenses also took the heat better and were easier to shape with out the paper on them.

DSC00393_zpswgyvunro.jpg

DSC00394_zpsnfdxfisd.jpg

the vision is blurred slightly with the new curved shape of the plexi glass but still well enough to see through

DSC00398_zpsiowr3x5r.jpg

DSC00399_zpsckb5uvqt.jpg

got the base coat on the gaunt and painted up the blades

DSC00383_zpserwj0no3.jpg

DSC00406_zpsbof23xiw.jpg

DSC00407_zps6srohjs9.jpg

DSC00411_zpsmginpo7e.jpg

DSC00412_zps6x1yujmm.jpg

the gaunt paint came out a lot darker than i had intended the colour is the same as i used for the bio, but it has definitely come out darker. i think i must have done a much lighter undercoat on the bio than on the gaunt. now i have to decide to either retry painting it or continue and go onto weathering

DSC00413_zpsauhpovaj.jpg

OldPredVA, Jmen, LunaticNic and 2 others like this.
  13. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Mean as bro! :D

Love the green tint and the finish that the plexi-glass brought to your bio mask!

OldPredVA and LORD NEMESIS like this.
  14. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

done some of painting today. going to have to redo the blade. i'm not feeling the gold on silver. i'll do the markings again in a black or maybe ann off white cream colour. not sure if i like the gaunt either. i thought the gold would be a nice contrast to the base. but now i'm thinking to just highlight the damage parts with some silver instead. going to have to think on that one

DSC00418_zpsdr4sbify.jpg
    DSC00428_zpsowuk08m9.jpg
    DSC00429_zpseqle2g0y.jpg
    DSC00433_zpsbuqrtdne.jpg
    DSC00434_zps4qtpbtja.jpg

OldPredVA, Isubomo, Jmen and 2 others like this.
  15. predtrooper

predtrooper Hunter

I think the gold looks alright ! Most of the gold paints iv tried tend to fade after a week they start off really vibrant when first put on but go very dull quite quickly especially if left in the sun so it might look different in a week

16. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Will u do dry brush silver effects?
    Very nice build, i love color scheme :cool:

17. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

yes the silver will be dry brushed on

18. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

weathering and markings on just need to finish off the markings on blades, glue the blades in and then some padding on the inside to keep it firm on my forearm.

DSC00473_zpsvuvdsauf.jpg

DSC00472_zpsffxihmfq.jpg

DSC00463_zpsq5gy4kmw.jpg

DSC00464_zpsx3c9gpaw.jpg

DSC00465_zpsbehkxlrj.jpg

DSC00466_zps9yqyiolu.jpg

DSC00467_zpszwjbdmkx.jpg

DSC00468_zpsay1awokc.jpg

DSC00469_zpswvmtcvva.jpg

DSC00470_zpsuq4be6yg.jpg

DSC00471_zpsyyscrq4b.jpg

OldPredVA and Jmen like this.
  19. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

i almost forgot, i also done a test fit for the bio to check the vision. and as expected the same with the last build, if i'm wearing both mask and bio i can see very little.

DSC00445_zpsncjsrcc5.jpg

DSC00449_zpsd2os7q2b.jpg

DSC00450_zpsgdbhpei4.jpg

DSC00458_zps4mmi4els.jpg

DSC00455_zpsf7h9rrw8.jpg

20. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Like a glove! :D
    (y)

21. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

finally finished sewing in the back zipper, fly, extra ab muscles and the upper leg muscles. just need to test the suit to see how the thin frabric goes after a few coats of latex. might iron in some patches on the inside to strengthen it for armor attachment points. then if all goes well, i'll build up the skin and start the paint up. the neck ring is really big so it has me umming and arring if the full avp chest armor will conflict with it, but i guess i will cross that bridge when i get to it.

the ab muscles are foam backed bits of fabric i got from the suit and filled with cotton woll. for the leg muscles i cut up an old pair of buissness pants. cut out shapes in a foam stabaliser, glued the fabric to the foam and then sewed it in with some cotton wool on the inside to give them more depth. the ide of the foam was to absorb most of the latex so the cotton wool didn't get saturated and lose it's fluffyness.

DSC00580a_zpsoozwvlny.jpg

DSC00582a_zpsuxtfimcg.jpg

DSC00583a_zpsuuos7vs4.jpg

DSC00585a_zpsm8mvxf0o.jpg

OldPredVA, Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  22. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

finally started applying the latex

the trusty pvc mannequin to hold it up
    DSC00595a_zpsqcwb9ti6.jpg

i ended up wrapping the mannequin in baking paper to try help with separating it from the suit after the latex has dried. the first suit i done took a bit of work to peel off so hopefully the baking paper will make this step easier
    DSC00597a_zpsgwc8ufe0.jpg

the vision is ready for his makeover
    DSC00598a_zpst6v0qpd2.jpg

DSC00599a_zpsewmtj1qg.jpg

i have also started construcing th other gaunt/bracer, i'm using the same base design as the blade side, but i'm going to muck around and alter it to make the bomb
    DSC00604_zps2dbetcpm.jpg

23. OldPredVA

OldPredVA Hunter

Wow, Lord everything is really shaping up nicely! Can't wait for more updates. Very impressive my brother. :-)

24. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

thanks mate

few more layers of latex to go and then it should be ready for the paint up. i have used a lot more latex on this than the first one. i put this down to mixing the latex with acrylic paint later in the application stage instead of from the beginning. mixing it with the paint seems to give me longer pot life and makes it go on easier. i'm beginning to think painting a grey suit will be trickier. it was easy with the first one to just layer the cream, brown and then black. i'm thinking of doing light grey, dark grey and a black, but not sure it it will look as good.

DSC00608a_zpsts3rgt0h.jpg

DSC00611a_zpsj7w6dhmi.jpg

25. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Unblooded

i have now started the paint up. also had my first time using an air brush, it was an exciting experience. the end colour scheme is still not set in concrete. i had initially planned to do the whole predator spots, and then i thought why put so much time and effort into something you are just going to cover over with armor anyway. so now it will be some kind of gray/ black layers. i have to say i find gray harder and less fun to layer than the creams and browns i used on the first suit. but i have committed to gray so gray it will be.

DSC00614a_zpsy3vjmue7.jpg

DSC00613a_zpshhhstzoi.jpg

DSC00615a_zpsohpgk5e2.jpg

DSC00616a_zpsefsatf9q.jpg

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.