LORD NEMESIS second build thread

Discussion in 'Predator Anatomy (Costumes)' started by LORD NEMESIS, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Good progress(y)

2. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

the colour is coming along nicely, i just need to slow down a bit with the air brush and be more consistent. i started on the chest armor but the first measurements came out not predator sized so i will have to keep resizing untill i get it right

DSC00662a_zpsusfkwfkk.jpg

DSC00665a_zpsa9hbktu4.jpg

DSC00666a_zps85r30azd.jpg

DSC00695_zps6cm3rnxs.jpg

OldPredVA and LunaticNic like this.
  3. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

resized the chest. seems a lot better. it is a little big around the waist area but i will just chop some out to make it fit tighter. i decided to go with resin/fiber glass. the mask and neck seal is already really, heavy so this will add to it. might have to get into back shape before wearing it for long periods.

DSC00736_zpsxnq4lpyz.jpg

DSC00737_zpsmn9chcof.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  4. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

i hadn't originally planned on doing a cannon or back pack but then the desire struck me. i got a cannon 3d printed and i'm working on the back pack. unfortunately the scale of the cannon was smaller than i had anticipated. so i will have to see how it looks once i get the back pack sorted

DSC00741_zpsc5js9feg.jpg

DSC00742_zpsn7dy2ru0.jpg

DSC00745_zpsdldo4caa.jpg

pelletta, Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  5. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

keep-calm-and-peew-peew.png

LORD NEMESIS likes this.
  6. JoshStrong

JoshStrong Unblooded

Looks like you are off to a great start! keep up the great work. cant wait to see it finished!

7. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

got the chest up to what i think is the right size now with a lot of chopping and mucking about. back pack pepped up as well. i am getting the impression when this is done it is going to be rather heavy to wear.
    DSC00810_zpskswzp7m0.jpg

DSC00811_zpscif7zqe9.jpg

DSC00812_zpsxcyyihsr.jpg

DSC00813_zpsrgjhklvq.jpg

getting the bomb gaunt done. started out with the same base as the blade side but now i am just frankenstiening it and seeing what happens. hopefully it will turn out ok when it's all done in resin and cleaned up

DSC00814_zpsxuiocr5s.jpg

DSC00815_zpsadllrccb.jpg

DSC00816_zpst3byja6j.jpg

DSC00817_zpsnah31kjp.jpg

Isubomo, LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  8. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

started to get some progress going. the hardening process has been dragging out.
    i built a frame to keep the chest in shape while i was hardening it, and now it is strong enough to support it's own weight. the back pack and bomb gaunt are fully hardened and and i'm starting the detail work
    DSC00822_zpsmbjmx8cv.jpg

DSC00836_zpsic3jbusm.jpg

DSC00839_zpsksynlpek.jpg

DSC00837_zpsazdfnlyw.jpg

DSC00840_zpszmxbolva.jpg

Isubomo, Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  9. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

YESSS!!! MOAR!! :D

LORD NEMESIS likes this.
  10. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

cut the collar off the chest so that it doesn't clash with the neck ring built into my mask. sanding up the bomb gaunt and then i will start working on the computer part

DSC00861_zpsjbujggwv.jpg

DSC00862_zpsfcc159q4.jpg

DSC00863_zpszrqm8vkt.jpg

DSC00864_zpsoy7ur9n4.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  11. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Oh, my friend, a looooot of sanding here... hate this part))) great progress. you gonna use it in one piece?

12. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

i was just saying today i feel like i need my own prop building mr miyagi to watch and say "bog on, bog off". the plan is to cut it into two pieces front and back. but i'll try put it on the mannequin first to see if it's possible to get into in one piece, which i'm doubting at this point

Jmen likes this.
  13. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

gocha. will wait new pics.

14. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

chest is cut in half now. i'm going to attach it with a combination of webbing and magnets. i'm not really happy with how it sits on the mannequin around the shoulder and neck area. (lots of open space) i'll get a pic up once i'm able to keep the two pieces together again. this may end up not being an issue due to the large size of my neck ring, will have to wait and see. also re employing the shoe string clamping method to glue the loom tube onto the gaunt

DSC00868_zpsvgtlmh4a.jpg

DSC00867_zpsnraw4zyf.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  15. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

separated the suit from the mannequin for the first test fit. wrapping the mannequin in baking paper turned out to be a good idea.
    made the separation process a lot easier.

DSC00876_zpsxhx9mhvu.jpg

DSC00878_zpsumy6g9aj.jpg

the armor is a bit bulky and i'm so happy with how just the skin looks it's made me question having armor,
    though i'm conflicted after spending so much time and effort to make the armor

DSC00879_zpso7asq2kf.jpg

DSC00880_zpsft3cjs10.jpg

DSC00883_zpslllsj9vq.jpg

DSC00884_zpssr4fo5j4.jpg

have also discovered my dreads are separating from the mask. any recommendations on an adhesive that will be suitable
    to handle the porousness of the foam and not degrade the latex?

DSC00889_zpsyvkojpcj.jpg

Isubomo, pelletta and Jmen like this.
  16. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Armor is bigger, what it should be, you right. Maybe you should make it with some lighter materials? But skin texture is really good)

17. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

i went with the heavy materials to make sure it would be able to hold the weight of the back pack and the chopper style trophy skulls on sticks i'm planning on.

i cut back the top and side bits which have made the gaps around the arms much smaller, i should be able to trip some eva and stick it around the opening now toblock the extra gap and add padding.
    DSC00892_zpstisnwvn0.jpg

the armor is still too wide around the hips how ever
    DSC00894_zpsdp1ctlna.jpg

i'm thinking about cutting the whole right side off and running with half armor on the front or sanding up the front side bits so that they join inside of the back instead of lining up to try bend the hips in a bit.
    DSC00894a_zpsqseb5nez.jpg
    DSC00891a_zps8tcmt7hy.jpg

i git the zip closed on the back and despite hemming the back it is still flabby, i guess you cant win them all. definately going to have to have the back covered on this one haha
    DSC00901_zpsyd0tl9yt.jpg

18. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

after some dodgy wiring work i got the lights working for the bomb computer, also finally glues the blades in and some padding

DSC00910_zpsuabagzlu.jpg

DSC00911_zpsinvokfux.jpg

DSC00913_zpsc1twrbh7.jpg

DSC00918_zpshxxiuxly.jpg
    DSC00914_zpsmaf2amaz.jpg

DSC00919_zpsf67wxoux.jpg

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  19. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Great progress Matt!

20. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

the bomb computer seems to be a goer, very simple set up but it works. no count down timer just the display.

DSC00921_zpsjsmnx3d8.jpg

DSC00922_zpsj1cyjhc2.jpg

also got some more detail work on the guant.

DSC00924_zpsnjfaoqyd.jpg

DSC00925_zps7d7pq9hi.jpg

Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  21. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Good idea!
    Will you repaint the numpad?

22. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Hunter

haha no chance i would leave it like that. i have already sprayed it in primer. i was thinking to engrave symbols in them but my engraver bit is too big for the size of the buttons. i will probably end up painting or doing them in marker

23. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

(y)