My first Predator Costume

Discussion in 'Predator Anatomy (Costumes)' started by Dillonusob, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

So I managed to snag a decent bio finally, and it led me down the rabbit hole of costume fabrication. Most of the techniques I used were brand new to me, and sourced from home depot, walmart, amazon ebay etc. learned to use sintra, and started learning the airbrush. Also used caulking as an alternative to theatrical silicone. Anyhow, here are some pics. A long way to go, but just about halfway there. My lift boots bring my Pred up to about 7 feet, from top back of bio to floor. Very fun learning experience. Also, props to Vinmac? For some of his templates. (Shoulder guard from avp)

IMG_4305.JPG

IMG_4306.JPG

IMG_4301.JPG

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Also, a question for folks. What did you end up doing for the pred neck rings? I had a build with silicone tubing which failed, and I am planning on sculpting a monster clay flat neck ring peice then casting in black silicone. Anyone use any easier/cheaper or simpler solutions? This is one of those parts of the puzzle that I found to be a pain. More than the other things so far anyway haha. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  3. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Just get small backer rod and then make a neck ring out of that.

Dillonusob and LunaticNic like this.
  4. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

I've seen some people use backer rod, but you are certainly going with the best choice making it yourself (through sculpting/ molding/ casting).

Dillonusob likes this.
  5. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

This is great suit. I think you need to add body grid and some texture on armor, it will be just perfect.
    2j1l6zc.jpg

Dillonusob likes this.
  6. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Snagged this number from china on ebay. Super stretchy, should work for the body net. Also, its crotchless in case my pred needs to get his alien freak on.

View attachment 218866

LunaticNic likes this.
  7. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Feel free to delete if this is against the rules. Sorry guys!!

8. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

I know its a bit racy....

9. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Sorry, just read the community rules, and although relevant, my pic was "overtly sexual in nature" my bad. Anyway, it was a lady in a net body stocking that i am going to put on my pred. Stretchy, so it should work ok.

10. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Also, in different news, just recieved my first batch of monster clay, and oh my god is it amazing. Whoever created this stuff deserves an award. Amazing to work with, and holds shape without drying like a champ. This newb is super excited about this stuff. Will come in super handy for future molds.

LunaticNic likes this.
  11. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

So, the silicone cast for the necks rings worked!! Not perfect, but awesome for my amateur costume!!!

IMG_4329.JPG

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  12. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

I added velcro prior to curing, so it has a nice built in adjustable fastening system in the back, which will be hidden by dreads

Jmen likes this.
  13. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

For the new folks like me, this was silicone tubing glued to a flat surface, arranged in a slight semicircle. Then molded with silicone, painted with vaseline as release agent, then pigmented silicone for the cast. I ended up casting because the tubing would not stay glued no mayter what I used

LunaticNic likes this.
  14. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

The mold

IMG_4330.JPG

15. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Used some clear ge silicone II to skin my fabric bodysuit. May use some talc to tone down the sheen. Not sure yet.

IMG_4336.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

Jmen likes this.
  16. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Personally I probably wouldn't add the talk, as the Predator tends to have allot of shiny gloss (which somehow aids in making things look organic).

Dillonusob and Jmen like this.
  17. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

+1
    It looks much better if predator skin has glossy shine.

Dillonusob and LunaticNic like this.
  18. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Yup, you guys were right. I decided that a little while ago. Kept the inner arms and sides sil-free so they dont catch and rub on eachother. Loving how it looks. Mesh fabric next.

19. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

I cannot understate how much of a pain in the ass this was to get on.

IMG_4339.JPG

Isubomo, LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  20. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

NET!!!! (y)

p.s. Padaung%2BWomen%2Bin%2Bthe%2B1950s%2B%25282%2529.jpg
    Jk, LoL)))
    :D:D:D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Isubomo, Dillonusob and LunaticNic like this.
  21. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Gonna have to trim my neck rings, or I may end up looking like that lol

22. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Yeah, I'd say by about 10-12 rings :D

Jmen likes this.
  23. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

I'd say add more 10-12
    :p
    :D:D:D

24. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Hahaha! I gotta say, props to all you pros, because this stuff is tough, even doing it on the cheap(which is not really cheap at all) But man, I have found a real love. I am having a fucking blast doing this!! You guys rock.

IMG_4342.JPG

25. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Greetings Dillon!

It's good to see more blood on here! Your work, especially the neck ring part, is ingenious!!! I'll be watching your progress with gusto!

Cheers! :D

LunaticNic and Dillonusob like this.