My first Predator Costume

Discussion in 'Predator Anatomy (Costumes)' started by Dillonusob, Jan 6, 2017.

1. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Custom predators are the best! It's always nice to see something different (even if it's just a little) than an army of p1 carbon copies, and half as many p2s lol

Isubomo and Dillonusob like this.
  2. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Yeah, part of it is I am not quite there as far as full replicas, but the other part is having a unique pred would be killer

3. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Feels good to not give a shit that It did not come out exactly right. I still love the sculpt, and it is still my creation. Its a pretty sweet bio as far as I am concerned, and def a step up from my previous bios...reminds me of the last little bit that he says here about "fuck being perfect, lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may" - is sometimes the way to go.

LunaticNic likes this.
  4. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

And so it begins. Going to be experimenting with metal casting powders on this bio when the mold is finished. I have on order, aluminum, copper, iron oxide and iron/steel. Going to start with black resin with the layer of metal on top, which can then be polished like real metal.

IMG_4952.JPG

OldPredVA, LunaticNic and Isubomo like this.
  5. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

You know I totally agree with ya bro! ;D

LunaticNic likes this.
  6. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

oooh, you gonna hate me after this question :D:D:D
    Where is this thing?
    Predator_1_Prop_03.jpg
    :D:D:D

Dillonusob and LunaticNic like this.
  7. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Ha! I left it out again. I guess I could cast a small peice, shallow drill hole and glue one, but Im not worried ;)

Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  8. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

i guess I can use a cheap excuse of "well, this one is a custom one, soooo...."

9. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

I could also mold a small silicone insert and attempt to glue it with silicone to the inside of the mold...

LunaticNic likes this.
  10. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

For new folks like me- when you sculpt your bio, and you have spent countless hours put in to get it just right, although you may be excited to get right to casting, spend time on your mold. Take the time to make it thick enough, so that it is rounded out and wont get stuck in the plaster mold. Make sure the edges of your bio are molded a bit underneath also, to avoid spilling resin when slush casting. Spend a couple days at least, to make that mold perfect. No matter how good your sculpt is, it wont matter without a great mold.

11. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Absolutely agree! I still have to remind myself of that rather often due to my impatience.

Dillonusob and Jmen like this.
  12. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

You broke it again, didn't you?
    :unsure:

Dillonusob likes this.
  13. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

No! Just thought it was a good point to make lol. I always want to rush it, but this time I have made a concerted effort to take it slow and to do it as well as I can. ;)

LunaticNic likes this.
  14. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Yup!! Had to pump the brakes a bit lately! Just want to do a cast so soon lol. Most likely saturday I will be able to. Possible tomorrow, but most likely saturday. Cant wait to use my cold cast pigments!! :) :)

15. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

yeah, you told me about pigments, and i want to see how it goes))) good luck!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Dillonusob likes this.
  16. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

This is what I am going to do. I plan to do black resin underneath, so for shading/wear i can rub off a bit of the metallic layer.

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  17. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

yep, i know this video. most be very nice with pred bio)

18. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

The fucked up part of all of this, is that I almost feel that once I have a cast out of my system, I actually may go back to the sculpt and add that left jaw button, and even smooth the wings even better. God I'm nuts. I get waaay too excited and rush. I will see how the first cast goes....

LunaticNic likes this.
  19. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

First cast went great, and as I said, im going back to it lol. One thing I noticed, the texture of resin will reflect inconsistencies more than the clay does. Found some stuff that needs more work lol. Finished molds are piling up here!! Gonna add that button and back to refining. Also, love the black resin

Jmen likes this.
  20. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Jeez, just can't make up my mind. Built it back up as I have a tendency to take off too much. A bit of restructuring in the jaw, and im back to chasing the elusive P1 bio. Closest ive ever been...

IMG_4968.JPG

IMG_4969.JPG

IMG_4970.JPG

IMG_4971.JPG

21. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Funny oart was, i just dumped liquid monster clay over the whole thing, and brought it closer to where it needs to be. Monster clay rocks.

IMG_4972.JPG

IMG_4972.JPG

Wreav, Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  22. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Couple different angle pics. Gonna work on the top, the eyebrow just above eye holes, then details on the sight, and JAW BUTTON and tube port thing on upper left of bio. Love this one so far. Very excited.

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

Jmen likes this.
  23. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

What about undermask? I mean exact predator face? Are you ready to sculpt it? =___=
    P.s. AND JAW BUTTON, PLEASE :D:D:D

Dillonusob likes this.
  24. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Maybe half mask, open face for now.

IMG_4993.JPG

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  25. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

JMEN- JAW BUTTONNNNN