NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Talk' started by kithunter, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Hey there Tallon! Welcome to the hunt! :)

A thread you mean? Of course you can! Just go on to any general category and click on post a new thread on the upper right hand corner. Have fun!

Tallon and LunaticNic like this.
  2. Masher

Masher Unblooded

Hello everyone!

Im starting a new project and i think you can guess what it is. I've done previous projects like a full power armor suit from fallout so im stepping it up with a predator suit!
    I live in Canada and enjoy artsy skill testing nonsense and have more time then money when it comes to these things, but i still strive for "realistic" lifelike cosplay! My build will try to balance the two.
    Thank you for reading about me and i appreciate the amazing skills of this page!

Grim, Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  3. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Welcome on board Masher! :) Love to see your previous masterpieces, but for now, enjoy the hunt! If there's anything you need help with, this community is the best!!! :D Have fun!

Jmen and Masher like this.
  4. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Welcome(y)

Masher likes this.
  5. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Thanks!

6. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Made my thread, 'Predator lore & universe' Please have a look!

7. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Hey, anyone here?

8. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

No, im at home.

Tallon likes this.
  9. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Ha, well, not anymore.

Jmen likes this.
  10. Grim

Grim Unblooded

IMG_0693.JPG Hello, I'm Grim and I have loved the Predator universe since I saw the first movie as a kid. Yes that dates me a bit. I've collected the comics, action figures, and other memorabilia. I am an artist and vend at a lot of Texas comicons, horror and zombie fests, and paracons. 2 years ago I saw my first full suit Predator cosplayer and the guy was amazing! All the moves, the skin was so realistic, great gear... never broke character. His wife was trailing him with their toddler and new baby. I asked where he bought the suit. She said he made the entire thing himself! I have thought on it for some time and want to make myself a suit.

Now I'm female and there isn't much in the way of Predator Halloween costumes for ladies. Plus much of it is pretty campy. I checked into airbrushing body suits. Then I saw the latex pieces people are making for themselves. This is uncharted artistic territory for me. I paint and sculpt well enough but I've never made molds of anything beyond warhammer minis or jewelry sized pieces. So this is me at the very beginning of this journey. Thank you for creating this space for us to learn. I'm also really glad there are at least a few other ladies into this.

LunaticNic, Jmen and Wreav like this.
  11. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Hey Grim, welcome to the forum. There are lots of ladies into this and who are starting the Predator revival just in time for the movie which is coming out next year. The current climate forecast shows a rise in Xenomorph presence. But we can combat that with a rise in Hunters and Huntresses which are bound to be coming into the Predatorium any time soon. What use to be a male dominated costuming scene is transitioning into a more mixed society (which is what I am hoping) I see lots of female getting into this which is great news. Anyway that being said hope you start your build soon.

12. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

Hello Grim!

13. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Welcome. Enjoy the forum)

14. Scar71

Scar71 Unblooded

Hi folks

I'm Rich, 40 something father of Two & a really bad goalie from the UK.
    Looking forward to getting my first Pred together & am researching/devouring previous WIP posts until my eyes bleed. Still undecided on a Wolf or Pred1 build, we'll see.
    I've concentrated on Star Wars up until now with the 501st (previous build is here if anyone's interested: Jodo Kast My Jodo Kast).
    Love War40 also.

Cheers!

Jmen likes this.
  15. Grim

Grim Unblooded

jana 198.JPG Thanx guys! Usually I run about the festivals as the undead or an orc queen. I was cast, along with my brother & dad, as one of the shambling hoard to overrun the Gamestop crowd for Call of Duty: Black Ops II back in 2012. I have a small bit of live steel combat training for Ren fair shows. Most of the cosplay fighting groups here in SAtown are hardcore Star Wars or some type of furry though. I would love to see an AVP group someday. [​IMG]

16. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Welcome to the Hunt Grim!

17. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

You need to make a thread - we love to see more pictures(y)

18. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

We ARE the AVP group!

19. KazeKat

KazeKat Unblooded

Hey there folks! Ya'll can call me Kat. I'm new to the forums but not the fandom. Loved the movies since I saw P1 as a kid, I'd like to say it got me into the love of all monstery things growing up.

I've also been drawing/illustrating all my life and just picked up sculpting not too long ago. I'm starting small though! One of my first sculpts I've been working on is a mini bust of Ahab from the Fire and Stone comics. I eventually have hopes of taking that learning the ins and outs of suit making. (I honestly think Ahab would be a rad suit)

Here's a little taste of my take on Ahab, since he is kind of inconsistent in the comics:

ahab_by_kazekaiju-db9aup9.png
    He still has a lot of work I need to put into him!

Thanks~

Jmen, LunaticNic and Wreav like this.
  20. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO DOES MODEL SIZE SCULPTS. LunaticNic you're no longer alone!
    PS: Hi :)

21. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Welcome to the Hunt KazeKat!
    That's an awesome sculpt!

Wreav I haven't been the only one :) just take a quick stroll through the model section

22. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Hello and welcome!
    Awesome sculpt you did(y)
    and don't listen Nic and Wreav - they are spam-bots
    :D:D:D

23. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

LunaticNic i'm talking about active model sculptors 1/4 -1/6 scale peeps not 1/1 etc

24. KazeKat

KazeKat Unblooded

Haha, thanks guys!

I still have a ton to learn... I mean that is one of my first attempts at sculpting.

25. Huntress

Huntress Hunter

Welcome to the forums, there are some women here, I'm the 4th to order the Huntress predator from Wreav. Starting a build from scratch can certainly be intimidating as they are quite extensive and complex builds. I went the route of commissioning my build as it would be years trying to make that on my own.

Ask lots of questions most people are helpful.