Wrist computer project

Discussion in 'Predator Armory (Props)' started by pelletta, Nov 15, 2015.

1. pelletta

pelletta Elite Hunter

Updates coming soon

parti.jpg

2. pelletta

pelletta Elite Hunter

3. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

I. hate. you.(y)

pelletta likes this.
  4. pelletta

pelletta Elite Hunter

That's ok, my blades will forgive you ;)

Jmen likes this.
  5. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

Awesome))):)

6. Vyrstolf

Vyrstolf Hunter

Yeah you start selling these I'll be your first customer......that seriously can't get any better

Jmen likes this.
  7. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Unblooded

Oh my GOD BRO!!

That is INSANE :eek::eek::eek:

It really doesn't get any better... (y)

TC

8. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

+1

9. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Mind. BLown. (y)(y)(y)

10. afedorniak

afedorniak Hunter

great job bro let us know if your selling?

11. pelletta

pelletta Elite Hunter

Thank you all, I'm very happy to see you like my work, for real.
    Selling it? Why not, if you think it's a good product.
    However before starting a production I have to see how many people are really interested and then take a decision.
    For example I have to see if it makes sense to do everything at home or look for some external services.
    The printing of the whole parts takes more than 50 hours and I can't leave the printer at work alone just for safety; building and testing the electronic at home takes other 20 hours.
    I will request a quotation for the printed parts and another one for the naked circuit boards.
    In any case I will personally solder the electronic components.

12. Vyrstolf

Vyrstolf Hunter

I'd be a serious buyer

13. pelletta

pelletta Elite Hunter

I've asked quotations for 3d printing and electronic boards.
    After that, my face was similar to this: :eek:
    It's better making it at home, decisively

Vyrstolf likes this.
  14. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Unblooded

I don't know squat about 3D printing, but I would be willing to guess that making silicon molds of your parts would be quite beneficial and cost effective solution. Cast those items in resin and leave the 3D printing for circuit board, etc.

pelletta

You really do have a "Front and Center" creation here. I would imagine that anyone who wears a Predator suit or is a hardcore collector would want to buy this. The fine-line here is trying to make its price obtainable for the masses (so you can benefit long term) and not just the few.

At tops I cant imagine anyone paying more then $800 for a limited item like this. Reachable would probably fall between $350-$450 for most.

You need to do the math and see what the actual cost(s) will be if you decided to mold cast, etc., and weather or not you want to turn this into a long term project or simply make it a limited supply offering.

TC

15. pelletta

pelletta Elite Hunter

I have had some resin parts and I know how they look like. I think 3d printed objects are more durable than resin parts. An example:

secchio.jpg

If you wear it for a public event you have to be sure it won't give you any kind of problem.
    That's a why I decided to use 3d printing.
    Another reason is that I should make different molds because it's composed by various parts and I don't have much experience in this sector.
    I am still "unblooded" member so I don't know if I can talk about pricing.
    Just to give you an idea, the price will be in that range if I make everything at home because I don't have to pay other people... just materials, time and taxes.
    The only disappointing thing is that people must wait a little if I have to satisfy many requests at once

Isubomo likes this.
  16. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Unblooded

I'm not sure which price range your referring too, but keep in mind that most people wont be supporting a 5 gallon bucket of water from the device. LOL

TC

pelletta likes this.
  17. Vyrstolf

Vyrstolf Hunter

Another idea is you could just make the circuit boards and install them as most of us have gauntlets already. Is that a possibility?

18. pelletta

pelletta Elite Hunter

The making of a custom circuit board for everyone would be quite insane.
    The most time consuming process in circuit development is routing copper traces behind the boards. Changing the component placement means that it's better to design a new circuit board from scratch. Moreover I should have a very accurate reference to place components, the space available, and so on

19. Vyrstolf

Vyrstolf Hunter

That's what I was unsure about. I don't know how hard it is to move that stuff around......I guess pretty hard. Lol

20. afedorniak

afedorniak Hunter

what about making 2 or 3 fully working ones for the moment to see if they go and take it from there, at least the customer will get the item quickly and not wait while you build it?

21. HunterCollector

HunterCollector Unblooded

I've bought way too much predator stuff in the last week (the wife's words not mine ;) ) so I'm limited as to what I can buy, in a months time I will definitely be wanting to purchase this awesome piece of art to add to my collection :) Please can you let me know the total price including shipping to the UK as and when you're ready ;) Cheers man :D

22. pelletta

pelletta Elite Hunter

You can set its strength with a screwdriver. However it's not so hard to move.
    In this is test I'm trying to open it with the needle of my welding flux syringe

23. Vyrstolf

Vyrstolf Hunter

Oh no I meant move the lights on the circuit board around

24. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Really interesting thread, Peletta. Didn't realize 3d printed objects are that strong...wow..

I understand where you're coming from, but Tigerclaw was just suggesting an alternative/cheaper way to mass produce your awesome awesome wrist computer. You did say that one of the 'problems' of going 3d printing is the huge amount of time going into just the printing itself. By casting and making it into resin, you could churn out more, and faster. :)

People just want your Wrist computers asap! ;D :D

25. seeker347

seeker347 Unblooded

where do u plan installing the speaker?